Our group uses thermodynamic principles to assess the fate and transport of natural and anthropogenic compounds in the environment including:
- alkalinity and acidification in coastal systems
- air-sea gas transfer (bubbles & sea spray)
- carbon and nitrogen geochemistry
- emerging contaminants in coastal and far-shore environments
- chemical samplers and sensors (sulfate and contaminant samplers)
Latest News …
Congratulations to Rebha Raviraj who has just received a SURF award and will join our lab in summer 2021.
We have Just been awarded funds to study the carbonate system in the artic marginal ice zone and will be joining Prof. Rob Mason’s cruise in May-June 2021.
We have just been awarded a grant by the Long Island Sound Study to study alkalinity in coastal Long Island Sound for two years.